Steve Dyches can speak Arabic, and has extensive knowledge of Islamic culture, as he demonstrated in reciting a portion of the Koran for us.
Mike Proudfit admitted he has too much time on his hands, as he was able to first spin a basketball on the tip of hs finger, then the tip of a pen, then the tip of a pool cue balanced in his mouth! Wow.
The Bishopric demonstrated their sophisticated child-care techniques, including a puppet show using only their fingers and a pen.

Ray Zimmerman is (confusingly) his own grandpa. As the recitation goes:
Many, many years ago when I was just twenty-three,
I was married to a widow, she was pretty as could be.
This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red
And my father fell in Love with her. Soon they too were wed.
This made my dad my son-in-law--changed my very life!
My daughter was my mother because she was my father's wife!
To complicate the matter even though it brought me joy,
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.
My little baby he then became a brother-in-law to Dad.
Well, that made him my uncle--made me very sad!
Because if he was my uncle then he also was a brother
To the widow's grown-up daughter, who, of course, was my stepmother.
My father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run.
And, of course, he became my grandchild because he was my daughter's son.
My wife is now my mother's mother and this makes me blue
Because although she is my wife, she's my grandmother too!
Now if my wife is my grandmother, well, then I am her grandchild,
And every time that I think about this, it nearly drives me wild!
Because now I have become the strangest case that you ever saw
As husband of my grandmother, I’m my own grandpa!
I was married to a widow, she was pretty as could be.
This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red
And my father fell in Love with her. Soon they too were wed.
This made my dad my son-in-law--changed my very life!
My daughter was my mother because she was my father's wife!
To complicate the matter even though it brought me joy,
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.
My little baby he then became a brother-in-law to Dad.
Well, that made him my uncle--made me very sad!
Because if he was my uncle then he also was a brother
To the widow's grown-up daughter, who, of course, was my stepmother.
My father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run.
And, of course, he became my grandchild because he was my daughter's son.
My wife is now my mother's mother and this makes me blue
Because although she is my wife, she's my grandmother too!
Now if my wife is my grandmother, well, then I am her grandchild,
And every time that I think about this, it nearly drives me wild!
Because now I have become the strangest case that you ever saw
As husband of my grandmother, I’m my own grandpa!
---
Kacy Moller showcased some swing dancing. No, that is not her husband; and yes, her husband was okay with that. It was her old dance partner from dance competition days:
Brad Griffiths sang and serenaded with his guitar, while his daughter twirled and danced.

Trudy Norman displayed some artifacts from their mission to Africa, and some caramels. The caramels were not from Africa, though - they were fresh. :)
Bro. Daryl Hazelgren demonstrated his radio skills, including the ability to transmit a message in Morse code faster than you can text message on your phone:
The Primary children gave a rousing rendition of "Follow the Prophet" to close the show:
2 comments:
We are so the tm wonder women!
That Griffiths' daughter sure is cute.
I'm glad someone took pictures that night, Leslie. Because one bad mom & wife didn't.
Yes, the impromptu interpretive dance was sooo cute. And you are NOT a bad mom or wife just because you didn't bring your camera!
Loved the Halloween costumes, btw!
Post a Comment