Hello Sisters! Just wanted to let you all know that our baby boy was born last night at 10:51pm! Yes, he's really early. I went in to my OB for my routine check (I was 37 weeks and 2 days along) and the baby was measuring small so they did an ultrasound and found that he was not receiving enough nourishment from the placenta, therefore, he was not growing (he only measured 35 wks 3 dys and about 5.bs 9oz). So, my OB Doc said, "We might need to deliver him today so you can start feeding him!" WHAT?!? I had plans to go to the temple after my appt. so my doc told me to go to the temple and then come back to his office just to make sure the perinatologist agreed with him that the baby should come now. In the temple, I prayed about having the baby now, and felt complete peace and felt that Heavenly Father would take care of both of us. I went back to the doc's office and he said, "You're having your baby today!" I had time to rush home, pack my suitcase and get back to the hospital. It was crazy. I told my doctor that this was probably just as much of a "rush" as going into labor naturally (which I can't ever do b/c of my blood thinner situation). So I thanked him for that. =)

Our little boy weighed in at just barely 5lbs (9oz less than the ultrasound estimated) and measured 17 1/2 inches. For a "full term" baby (37 weeks+) he was so tiny!
I got to hold him for a minute just after he was born, but then he started having trouble breathing so they took him down to the NICU and put him on oxygen. He's been on that ever since so I can't hold him or feed him which is really hard. But, it's best for him. He has had a few different procedures done to help with his breathing and now it's just a waiting game. They say he'll be just fine with no long term effects, but it just takes time for these little babies to develop strong enough lungs to breath on their own. I will be going home tomorrow (for Mother's Day dinner!), but Jeffrey will stay here, possibly for another several days. SO, that's the scoop! We're thrilled that he's here, and can't wait to hold him and bring him home!
1 comment:
Wow Kacy!! I'm so glad that everything worked out. He is a doll--another darling moller baby!
Post a Comment