Sunday, April 6, 2008

Upcoming Activities in April

Hi sisters! I hope you all enjoyed conference as much as I did. I was so edified and really felt like I got so much out of each session. A few of my favorite quotes include one from Elder Johnson (Saturday morning), talking about his wife who introduced him to the church, "She made of my life a soaring symphony out of a simple melody." Oooh, so sweet. Then, during Saturday afternoon, Elder Oaks spoke of testimonies and said that our testimonies are often strengthened more when we are on our feet bearing them than on our knees praying for them. So true! I could go on and on, but those are just two of the many statements that stuck with me. I am so tickled that President Monson showed his own humorous side at the end of conference. That is something I just loved about President Hinckley so I'm grateful that President Monson was willing to share that side of himself too. It's nice to know they don't take themselves too seriously ALL the time. =)

Anyway, on to the the upcoming activities for April...I'm currently working on the cards for the card class that will be held on Wednesday, April 16th at 7:30 at my house. They will be birthday cards "for him". I'll post pics as soon as the samples are done.

Book club meets THIS Wednesday, April 9th. I believe it is at Dana Olson's house. Please double check that with her before showing up! =}

Our scripture marking class will be Tuesday, April 22nd by Trudy Norman and her friend.

Recipe group meets April 30th at Julie Bettinson's at 7pm.

I'll keep you "posted" (ha!) on any changes or new events for the month as they come.

Thanks!
Kacy Moller

No comments: