Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Humanitarian Update

I thought it might be helpful to know how much of everything we have so far.

150 Hygiene Kits (goal is 500)
50 School Kits (goal is 100)-  we have ALL the paper we need to complete the rest.  We also have a few other things to go into the bags so feel free to come pick these up to complete a school kit.  
33 Receiving Blankets (goal is 100)
16 Quilts-twin and baby (goal is 100)

This is what I have physically in my house... I know there are a few things floating out there that people are finishing up or filling.  We have a little less than a month, and I really think we can meet our goals!!  The last day to turn stuff in is the morning of the 25th.  

We are also trying to set up "parties" to help finish some of the quilts that need to be tied.  And also for the hygiene kits.  It is a great opportunity to invite neighbors to come visit, and to be involved.

Thank you to everyone who is sacrificing time and recourses to this effort.  

Jenae Boren


No comments: