Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nutrition and Exercise Workshop

Hi Sisters,

I will be doing a Nutrition and Exercise Workshop on Wednesday, Nov 12th from 7-8:30pm at the Ward Building for anyone who might be interested. It will be great information that I think you will find really helpful. This will be so much more than just your typical tips on eating healthier and information you might find in a health magazine or on the internet.

As some of you may already know, I am a ACSM Health & Fitness Specialist who has been working with clients over the past 10 years, and I have been truly blessed to have had the opportunity to work with and learn from some amazing colleagues through my education while pursuing my degree in Exercise and Sport Science, and working in Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine.

The Nutrition portion of this presentation was designed by Nancy Clark, MS, RD, who is the director of nutrition services at Sports Medicine Associates in Brookline, Massachusetts, a registered dietician specializing in nutrition for sports and exercise, weight management, and wellness. She is the author of several nutrition books, including “Nancy Clark’s Sports Nutrition Guidebook”, which is a great resource for both athletes and just plain active people alike. I have had the opportunity to hear her speak on more than one occasion at workshops and conferences I’ve attended for my continuing education credits, the last one being a year ago, where some of the latest research on Nutrition and Exercise was presented.

Sisters I truly love what I do, it is such a part of what makes me who I am, and I would love to share some of my knowledge that I have been blessed with, with any of you who feel like this may benefit you and your families, young or old, or somewhere in the middle!

Some of the Nutrition topics that we will be discussing include: What are the best energy foods?Should I eat before I workout? Protein Supplements and Building Muscle, Vitamin and Supplements, Weight Gain/Weight Loss.

Some of the Exercise topics that we will be discussing include: Anatomy of an Exercise Program, Benefits of Exercise, including slowing down the aging process, preventing osteoporosis, reducing your risk for heart disease, Type II Diabetes, etc., How much exercise do you really need? Resistance Exercise vs. Aerobic Exercise, Exercise and Weight Management, How to make exercise part of your lifestyle no matter what stage in life you are at!

This will be time well spent! I will leave the last 15 minutes or so of class to answer any questions you may have that I didn't answer in the presentation. I hope to see a few of you there!

Tiffany Heath
ftheath@gmail.com

No comments: